THE ORDER OF INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE HDM IN INSTRUMENTS YAMAHA PSR 340, YAMAHA PSR 350.
1. One more time we recommend you to acquaint with the safety code and present manual.
2. Unpack HDM and musical instrument, (in the instant case Yamaha PSR 340, PSR 350) farther we will call it just instrument.
3. Take out batteries from the instrument, if they are there.
4. Unscrew nuts on the lower cover, invert the instrument, and put it with keyboard toward you.
5. Connect a new flat cable (from the delivery package) to the disk drive, but before this remove the old flat cable. And to the plug we connect the new flat cable.
6. With the help of the fastener (from the package) strengthen the hard disk in 3 points according to the pictures.
7. Connect the informational flat cable to the plate and controller.
8. Solder the power cable to the switch.
9. Connect control panel's cable and fix it by adhesive tape in several places.
10. Once again carefully check a regularity of mounting and assembly. Accurately set up the instrument, overturn it, connect the control panel and check serviceability of the instrument and HDM. If everything is OK then you may begin to screw the nuts.
11. To check the serviceability you should:
a) connect the control panel to a control jack.
b) connect the power supply unit to the instrument, and after that hook it up (~220V).
c) switch on the instrument.
d) the hard disk's space is divided in banks (virtual diskettes). Each bank corresponds to one virtual diskette and has a capacity of 1,44 mb. Their amount depends on volume of the HDM. Number of bank is displayed on the indicator of the control panel (CP) and is selected by CP's buttons. Number 00 corresponds to work with the disk drive of the synthesizer. Numbers 01-ÕÕ correspond to banks (virtual diskettes). The right button of CP increases number of bank, left - reduces. Simultaneous pressing both buttons - transition to 00. The blinking of the indicator means, that the choice is accepted. Flashing point specifies access to the HDM. After you've switched on CP figures 1, 2 should sequentially light up. It means that devices are ready for operation.
12. Fasten the lower cover of the instrument.
13. Fasten the PC card of the plug MIniDIN.